Home Study Program
Religious Education offers the opportunity to teach your child at home in a “Faith Alive in the Home” Program, Home Study, when work or family obligations make our program times impossible for your family. To participate in the Home Study Program one parent must be a practicing Catholic, in good standing, who has been a registered member of either Church for at least one year, attends Mass regularly and is approved by the Pastor. Students in 2nd and 8th grades may not enroll in the Home Study Program as these are sacramental years.
This program provides materials and resources for faith formation in the home. Please be advised that Home Study families will have a kick off meeting in the Fall, take four unit tests spread out evenly through the year, attend extra parish activities and take a final oral interview in May.
- Attend Fall kick off meeting in September 2018
- Weekly participation at Mass and Holy Days of Obligation
- Take 4 unit tests spread out evenly through the year
- Attend extra parish activities offered through RE and Parish (i.e. Spiritual Theme Nights, Advent Wreath Celebration, etc.)
- Attend the Penance Service in March
- Take a final oral interview in May 2019
Unit Test Dates Due
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- April 2019
Grade Level Prayer Goals
- 1st Grade: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
- 3rd Grade: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
- 4th Grade: Apostles Creed
- 5th Grade: The Rosary
- 6th Grade: The Rosary
- 7th Grade: The Rosary & Nicene Creed
May your Faith Journey be pleasant and fruitful throughout the new season!